Located in a remote and untouched part of the Kariega wilderness, Settlers Drift offers a unique tented safari combined with 5-star luxury. The lodge consists of 9 spacious tented suites, each with stunning views and secluded viewing decks. Gazing down from the decks overlooking the Bushman’s River, it feels as if time has stood still since the last feet to have touched this remote valley were those of the 1820 Settlers as they guided their wagons across the river. The luxuriously appointed and perfectly positioned tented lodge delivers the ultimate guest experience.
Safari Lodge Facilities
Restaurant, bar, wine cellar, spacious decks, pool, boma, curio shop, library and spa treatments.
Tented Safari Suites
9 spacious tented suites (110m²) – each with an opulent bedroom and living area, full bathroom, indoor/outdoor shower, mini-bar and private viewing deck.
- Safari drive twice daily
- River cruises and guided bush walks
- Fishing and canoeing
- All meals and selected beverages
- Complimentary mini-bar
- Luxury tented suite with king-size bed (twin or double)
- Complete privacy
- Wood burning stove
- Private viewing deck
- En-suite bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Indoor/outdoor shower and contemporary free-standing bath
- Double vanity basin
- Air-conditioning and overhead fan
- Internet connectivity (both in lodge & suites)
- Tea and coffee facilities
Availabilty & Rates
|Low Season||01 May 2021 - 31 August 2021||R8,900|
|High Season||01 September 2021 - 17 December 2021||R11,900|
|Peak Season||18 December 2021 - 10 January 2022||R12,600|
|High Season||11 January 2022 - 31 January 2022||R11,900|
|Peak Season||01 February 2022 - 28 February 2022||R12,600|
|High Season||01 March 2022 - 30 April 2022||R11,900|
|Low Season||01 May 2022 - 31 August 2022||R8,900|
|High Season||01 September 2022 - 17 December 2022||R11,900|
|Peak Season||18 December 2022 - 10 January 2023||R12,600|
|High Season||11 January 2023 - 31 January 2023||R12,500|
|Peak Season||01 February 2023 - 28 February 2023||R13,300|
|High Season||01 March 2023 - 30 April 2023||R12,500|
- Per person per night sharing (+50% single supplement)
- Fully inclusive (all meals, selected beverages, morning and evening game drives and other game activities)
- Excludes Kariega Foundation conservation & community levy of R150 per guest per night
- No children 10 years and under.
Children and third person rates:
- Upon request a third person can be accommodated in a suite (extra bed)
- 11 to 16 years (as third person sharing) – 50% of above per person sharing rate
- 17 years and over (as third person sharing) – above per person sharing rate
- Children (11 years and over) in own suite – pay full adult rate.
Our three day stay here was amazing and beautiful. The staff, especially our ranger Archie, were so professional yet friendly. Archie put himself out to make sure we had to best game drives. The rooms are luxurious with everything you need. The evening meals were entertaining as the chef created a different menu each evening and presented this to you like a wonderful story. Definitely on our list to return.
- +27 (0)46 636 7904