River Lodge is one-of-a-kind. 10 spacious, air conditioned and tastefully appointed suites offer the most discerning of guests luxurious peace and tranquility. Inside the lodge guests can find a quiet spot in one of the lounges, page through a book in the library, relax at the pool or take in the view from the magnificent deck which overhangs the Bushmans River. Unique features include excellent river fishing and canoeing.
Nestled on the banks of the Bushmans River, this thatched lodge is unique in that it connects a Big 5 game reserve to the sea. Our optional daily boat cruises ferry our guests through the quaint village of Kenton-on-Sea to its picturesque and user friendly beaches.
Safari Lodge Suites
10 spacious, luxuriously appointed, en-suite suites. All air conditioned with an overhead fan. Guests can relax, view game and enjoy the stunning vistas from their private patio.
- Safari drive twice daily
- River cruises and guided bush walks
- Fishing and canoeing
- Beach trips by boat
- All meals and selected beverages
- Complimentary mini-bar
- Luxury suite with king-size bed (twin or double)
- Private viewing patio
- En-suite bathroom
- Inside shower and ornate bath
- Double vanity basin
- Hair dryer
- Air-conditioning and overhead fan
- Internet connectivity (in lodge, not in suites)
- Tea and coffee facilities
Availabilty & Rates
|High Season||01 March 2021 - 30 April 2021||R7,050|
|Low Season||01 May 2021 - 31 August 2021||R6,000|
|High Season||01 September 2021 - 17 December 2021||R7,500|
|Peak Season||18 December 2021 - 10 January 2022||R8,200|
|High Season||11 January 2022 - 31 January 2022||R7,500|
|Peak Season||01 February 2022 - 28 February 2022||R8,200|
|High Season||01 March 2022 - 30 April 2022||R7,500|
|Low Season||01 May 2022 - 31 August 2022||R6,000|
|High Season||01 September 2022 - 17 December 2022||R7,500|
|Peak Season||18 December 2022 - 10 January 2023||R8,200|
|High Season||11 January 2023 - 31 January 2023||R7,900|
|Peak Season||01 February 2023 - 28 February 2021||R8,600|
|High Season||01 March 2023 - 30 April 2023||R7,900|
- Per person per night sharing (+50% single supplement)
- Fully inclusive (all meals, selected beverages, morning and evening game drives and other game activities)
- Excludes Kariega Foundation conservation & community levy of R150 per guest per night
- No children 10 years and under.
Children and third person rates:
- Upon request a third person can be accommodated in a suite (extra bed)
- 11 to 16 years (as third person sharing) – 50% of above per person sharing rate
- 17 years and over (as third person sharing) – above per person sharing rate
- Children (11 years and over) in own suite – pay full adult rate.
We've just returned from an amazing holiday at Kariega Game Reserve (River Lodge). The staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and getting the most from our visit. Victor was our guide for the week and was extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic. The food was excellent and abundant and the service was attentive and friendly. Overall it's the best safari we've ever been on and we're already saving to come back!
- +27 (0)46 636 7904